xsnoop for Solaris(tm)
You can quickly and easily capture and analyze packets on your local area
network using xsnoop. xsnoop is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, user interface
for capturing, filtering and analyzing network packets. xsnoop provides
on-line documentation for many common protocols at the touch of a button.
Whether you're trying to isolate problems on your network, looking for
bottlenecks or hunting down "network hogs," xsnoop will turn your computer
into a powerful tool for network management. xsnoop provides much of the
functionality of a full-fledged LAN analyzer at a fraction of the cost.
- User-selectable OPENLOOK(tm) or Motif(tm) style GUIs allow you to use the
look-and-feel you're most familiar with.
- Documentation for many protocol fields is available at the click of a
button, so less time is wasted poring through protocol manuals looking for the
descriptions of the fields you're interested in.
- User-friendly dialogs for setting packet capture, display and filtering options
allow you to set options with a few simple mouse clicks rather than using command
line arguments that are difficult to memorize.
- A history of packet filter expressions which can be recalled
when needed saves you time by allowing you to reuse filters you've already built.
- xsnoop uses standard snoop capture files so it's interoperable with other